Friday, August 5, 2016

Some Random Thoughts

There are some questions, which beg an answer. Those questions are like the riddles of the Yaksha and only Yudhishtir can or could answer them. So why do such questions remain in the first place? May be to tease the human mind to search itself and to understand its own limitations. Or may be such questions are meant as beacon light of the heights that human beings can aim for. They are like the will-o-the-wisp, which will continue to allude humans and result in the death of many who try to capture them.

One of the  major question, which will haunt me to death is the very reason for existence. If you analyse with a clear and unbiased mind the very basis of life seems to be on a shaky wicket. The edifice of grandeur which we try to apportion into our little own things seems to be haunted by the greatest instability- death. Once the life force leaves you there is precious little you can do about your life. Infact once the energy which manifested itself in the body mind complex leaves there is nothing that can be done about it. What remains on this planet are just shadows of the memories of the actions which the mind-body-soul complex was responsible for on this planet. Seers more adept and more glib have talked about this and discoursed better than me. All I can say is that life appears to be something very ephemeral which has no inkling or iota of stability in it.

So, if life itself is uncertain why do we try to make it stable? Yes, we would require the roof about our head and our daily bread, but does it require a lot of time and energy? In case we want butter on our bread as well as jam it would become strenuous but that is a personal choice. Without taking any moral or philosophical high ground I can vouch for the fact that real simplicity is something which can be achieved provide one gets to compromises on what is known as the flesh pots.

Anyways my point this evening is something different- why do intentionally try to get entangled into things which are very well avoidable. Entanglement with people other than the family you are born into,trying to bridge relations with other human  beings I think is the greatest of amazement of creation. Knowing fully well that things which start, end  why indeed do we try to hope and start for something for ever and ever? If not death, then separation will surely end things, so why do we invest so much into them? The bugbear of loneliness makes us do things which we regret for the rest of our lives? Is loneliness really such a terrible thing that we end up compromising on many of our values?

My own life has taught me things which I think I will not forget. I have compromised on my basic in the hope to get another person for life. Now, when I think about the same it does not make sense to me at all. What was the intoxication that had made me do so? I have no answers for it as of now, may be I will never have the answers. But I hope I do not commit the same mistake again and remain in the state of remoteness that I am at this moment. 

No comments: